Minggu, 23 November 2014

STATIVE VERBS

ENGLISHINDONESIAN
My dear students, here is a material to enrich yourself. It is taken from www.perfect-english-grammar.com Anak-anakku yang terkasih, berikut materi untuk pengayaan. Bahan berasal dari www.perfect-english-grammar.com
Some verbs are only (or mostly) used in simple tenses (Simple Present Tense or Simple Past Tense), and are not used in continuous tenses (Present Continuous Tense or Past Continuous Tense). Beberapa kata hanya (sebagian besar) digunakan dalam simple tenses (Simple Present Tense atau Simple Past Tense), dan tidak digunakan pada continuous tenses (Present Continuous Tense atau Past Continuous Tense).
These verbs - used only in simple tenses - are called stative, or state verbs. Often stative verbs are about liking or disliking something, or about a mental state, not about an action. Kata yang seperti ini - yang hanya digunakan pada simple tenses - disebut kata kerja statif. Kata kerja statif sering menyatakan suka atau tidak suka pada sesuatu, atau tentang keadaan mental, bukan tentang kegiatan.
A verb which isn’t stative is called a dynamic verb, and is usually an action. Kata kerja yang bukan statif disebut kata kerja dinamis dan biasanya sebuah tindakan.


Berikut daftar kata kerja statif
STATIVE VERB
CORRECT
IN SIMPLE TENSE
BENAR
NOT CORRECT
IN CONTINUOUS TENSE
SALAH
agree She didn’t agree with us. She wasn’t agreeing with us.
appear It appears to be raining. It is appearing to be raining.
believe I don’t believe the news. I am not believing the news.
belong This book belonged to my grandfather. This book was belonging to my grandfather.
concern This concerns you. This is concerning you.
consist Bread consists of flour, water and yeast. Bread is consisting of flour, water and yeast.
contain This box contains a cake. This box is containing a cake.
depend It depends on the weather. It’s depending on the weather.
deserve He deserves to pass the exam. He is deserving to pass the exam.
disagree I disagree with you. I am disagreeing with you.
dislike I have disliked mushrooms for years. I have been disliking mushrooms for years.
doubt I doubt what you are saying. I am doubting what you are saying.
feel (=have an opinion) I don’t feel that this is a good idea. I am not feeling that this is a good idea.
fit This shirt fits me well. This shirt is fitting me well.
hate Julie’s always hated dogs. Julie’s always been hating dogs.
hear Do you hear music? Are you hearing music?

For complete list visit www.perfect-english-grammar.com
Untuk daftar lengkapnya kunjungi



Some verbs can be both stative and dynamic:
Beberapa kata kerja ada yang statif dan ada yang dinamis


>
STATIVE VERB
MEAN
EXAMPLE
be be is usually a stative verb, but when it is used in the continuous it means ‘behaving’ or ‘acting’
you are stupid = it’s part of your personality
you are being stupid = only now, not usually
have have (stative) = own I have a car
have (dynamic) = part of an expression
I’m having a party / a picnic / a bath / a good time / a break
see see (stative) = see with your eyes / understand I see what you mean
I see her now, she’s just coming along the road
see (dynamic) = meet / have a relationship with
I’ve been seeing my boyfriend for three years
I’m seeing Robert tomorrow


For complete list visit www.perfect-english-grammar.com
Untuk daftar lengkapnya kunjungi




TENTANG PENULIS
AMIN WAHYUDI
Sehari-hari mengajar di SMP N 1 Sluke. Mengampu mata pelajaran Bahasa Inggris. Menyukai ilmu-ilmu sosial.
Selain mengelola blog sekolah (blog ini) dia juga punya blog pribadi yang dia maksudkan sebagai blog pendidikan.












1 komentar:

  1. Blog SMPN 1 Sluke Rembang bagus...mudah2han dapat menginspirasi sekolah2 lain di Indonesia wilah Timur termasuk Sekolah saya (SMPN 13 Kota Bima - NTB).

    BalasHapus